Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
There are Discus in there!!!! :eek: and a gazillion little fishes, yikes!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's awful, and I've had another look round youtube at horribly overstocked tanks, and was even more shocked at other tanks. :oops: :cry:

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
There are a lot of great tanks on there, but you're right...some are insane! I once saw a full grown Oscar in a 10 gallon tank on youtube! :x :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
:eek:mg: that is really bad..my god I have two 15ins koi fish , one bottom feeder and one goldfish about 5 ins long..in a 65gallon and I feel bad..so bad that i got a 100gallon on oder.. :)

But that person needs to get more tanks and maybe read up on the hobby a lil before just going out buying any fish he/she likes...

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
dprUsh83 said:
We should definitely post a link and invite them to FF and give them a couple pointers :p
Lol..Some people don't like being taught.:crazy: Or you'll end up with a black eye.:mrgreen:

But..Yeah..Just how awful it is. Discus yet.:frustrated: Discus are pretty hardy but they shouldn't be subjected to such overcrowded conditions.:redmad:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Blue said:
dprUsh83 said:
We should definitely post a link and invite them to FF and give them a couple pointers :p
Lol..Some people don't like being teached.:crazy: Or you'll end up with a black eye.:mrgreen:

But..Yeah..Just how awful it is. Discus yet.:frustrated: Discus are pretty hardy but they shouldn't be subjected to such overcrowded conditions.:redmad:
teached? :? :roll:

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
joeshmoe said:
Blue said:
dprUsh83 said:
Lol..Some people don't like being teached.:crazy: Or you'll end up with a black eye.:mrgreen:

teached? :? :roll:

·
Registered
706 Posts
lol @ teached :lol: (taught :wink: )

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Tracy said:
lol @ teached :lol: (taught :wink: )
Whoops. Sorry for that.:mrgreen: I'll correct it.:)

·
Registered
454 Posts
that is over-the-top :shock:

tropical fish need there space
un like coldwater fish :shock:

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
The discus looked OK but the Clown loached looked stressed and suffering form some kind of white patches. It could also be one of those show offs that puts a lot of fish in a tank to take the picture and then removes them to good homes. I have seen this amano tank contests where they remove all the equipments and add double to triple the fish for the picture. They also do it for specialty effects like underwater waterfalls and such.

I agree that if the tanks are always that way that is really bad but the fish look so shell shocked I don't actually think they are like that all the time. If they are, someone needs to let the fish take a couple bites out of their fingers.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I private messaged one of the guys with the disgustingly overstocked tank (had 6 goldfish in a 6 gallon) and recommended here for advice, but apparently he "knew everything he needed to". I doubt that was true, but you can't force them... :?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts