Tropical Fish Keeping banner

221 - 237 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Hey now, you are telling me to run off and get more of these mystery loaches! xD
Yup! And now that they're darkening up. . . maybe they aren't *so* mysterious after all! Sure are cute, tho! Can't wait to see 'em grow! I'm still hoping they're fatties ;)

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Will report in the morning as the lights are out. xD I feel like it's always the same one out.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
YES, they all darkened over night! Saw all four of them, and then they saw me and left. They aren't super dark yet but I think it's cause they are babies also. . . I'm worried that the big loaches are too rowdy for these guys. They are very rowdy fish, nothing else in the tank is so big and crazy. O_O

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Awww! Poor babies!!!

My bigger loaches do well with my little ones. . . of course they're dwarfs, not infants! (swoons for infant kuhlis)

My guess is that they're still settling in, feeling misplaced. . . and probably feeling a bit alone, since there are only four of them in that big (to them) tank. They'll probably be okay after a week or two - your tank is a loachy paradise! Nothing to do now but let them settle in, unless you're brave enough to try to CATCH them and QT them alone in a smaller tank. Might be that they'd come around more quickly if *giggle* you had more tiny loaches! ;)

SO happy to hear that they've gained color. . . It sounds like they're coming around quickly. I doubt it will take them long to out-rowdy the blacks! *luffs*

ETA: Looks like the leaves in that tank are pretty well done - have you added some more in since bringing the littles home? Betcha they'd love them. . . even if it might be harder for you to see them, lol. Leaf litter lends the tiny loaches a ton of security :)

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
Yes we need more leaves!
And... more loaches. @[email protected] -sigh- I go to the fish store like 4 days a week. I was supposed to be done with fishies!
I don't really feel the need to see my fish all that often. Just enough to know they are alive and eating, ahah!

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
I was supposed to be done with fishies!
NOOOOO! NEVER DONE WITH FISHIES!!! ;-)
Funny thing I've found with loaches is that the more chances you give them to hide, the less they tend to actually do so. . . silly little wormfish. Love them!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
NOOOOO! NEVER DONE WITH FISHIES!!! ;-)
Funny thing I've found with loaches is that the more chances you give them to hide, the less they tend to actually do so. . . silly little wormfish. Love them!
I've seen that exact same thing, Jes! Except of course when mine were in a tank where the substrate was leaves. Then I could only really tell they were there when the leaves moved hehe.

Glad they darkened up. Now we just need them to grow a bit before we can make a species ID.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Oh, yea, they also grew 3 inches overnight.

HAHA! PERFECT application for that smiley! I love busting him out!

You DO realize. . . that would mean you now have monster FIVE INCH LONG LOACHES?! I'm going with Izzy on this one. . .

221 - 237 of 237 Posts