Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to do this, but I think you guys need to step in. She blatantly lied to avoid replacing any portion of my $60 worth of Downoi. I am so wanting to post: "When mine arrived mostly dead on Monday you said you had no more so couldn't replace them. What happened?"

Seriously, did she think I wouldn't see the Classified?

PM from Aluka:

"Hi, it arrived today? I purposely went to mail the day it was ordered so that it would arrive friday... they must have had a delay and sat over the weekend at the post office. Priority mail should have arrived at your door on friday or thursday =(.

I knew the weather was kind of hot, thats why i used an insulated box and offered to mail to the post office. Because on the way and most of the places where the package goes are air conditioned. The only time where the package will be exposed to the heat is when it is being delivered.

Unfortunately, i do not have anymore downoi. That was the last of what i had =(. They were really beautiful too.

The insurance only really covers physical damage cause by them, i am not sure how that would apply. I'm really sorry =(."

Classified Thread today:

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=239401

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Addendum: Please understand, I know you cannot do anything and do not expect you to do anything about the $$. But she should not be using this forum to sell items and then lie to member-buyers to avoid making a deal right.

Thanks for listening.

Linda

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
We CAN do something she needs to refund you EVERYTHING except for shipping. if she doesn't know how to ship plants she shouldn't be doing it.

HOW did she ship the plants? downoi especially emersed grown should be hardy and not easily melted.

And did I say this already? DANG that downoi is expensive!

No decent seller would ship on a wednesday, especially late Wednesday. Monday Tuesday and saturdays are good shipping days. and I mean EARLY.

When you're done with your trip let me know... I'll have plenty of downoi to share, they'll survive first class fine...

when you transition make sure you DO NOT plant weak plants in the substrate. let them float in a low current area so they can benefit from the surface environment in which they were grown and recover....>.<

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for the response. And thank you for letting me vent.

I was okay with splitting until today when I saw the new ad and realized she lied to get out of sending replacement plants. BTW, since I bought four pots (she sent bare root) the $60 included shipping.

The Downoi was packed in a ZipLok bag with a bit of water. The box had a thin layer top and bottom of something like those solar blankets used to hold heat in an unheated pool. No peanuts, newspaper. Other plants I've received this Summer have come in Styrofoam-lined boxes.

I don't know why, but I didn't plant the Downoi. I let the stems and roots floated until tonight. I am hoping they come back as they are my favorite foreground plant.

And thank you for the offer but I hate for you to do that. Not that I won't take you up on it. :)

Linda

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe I screwed up? If I did, then I owe you guys and Aluka an apology. The thread to which I responded was August 4. I guess I was looking at the post from today saying it was sold and didn't notice the origin date.

Again, my apologies. You'd think a former editor would do better but it's hard to see clearly when you're seeing red....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts