Tropical Fish Keeping banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
hmmm that was a little confusing. I dont haev money right now or a ride to my LFS to get more so I just want to know how i would position them right now with what I have.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
They are on there way of filling in a little bit now but I dont want them to get really good roots just in time for me to pull them up and re-position them. I would rather do it now than than. Thats why I'm asking everyone for there advice on where I should position them knowing that I have pic's of my tank in this thread. So...with what I have know what does everyone think? What would make my tank look better/deeper/bigger?

Nick

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
hi
i understand the problem you are having,
at the moment,it is looking a little empty.(but still nice)
what about if you put a couple of the smaller plants in the front
corners,but not too close to the front.
can you split the big plant maybe in to two ?
make a rock formation in the middle and if you can split the big plant
then maybe put the two either side of the rock cave.
hope i'm not confusing you. :)
have you got e-bay over there,as there are usually some
really good bargins to be had,especially when you are on a budget.
Brie had a good idea about rocks from your yard,(although you should test them first)
how about coconut huts,plant pots. ?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Thanks for the reply...
Yes I know it is looking a little empty. Especially the Middle and Right side..Your not confusing me to much. So what you are saying is the big plant I have, split it in two and than find some sort of rock formation somewhere around the house or something ( That will be hard I am really going to for the natural look ) and than put one half of the big plant on one side of the rock formation and the other half on the other side. The only problem I have with putting the little plants in front corners is that I dont want to decrease the view into the tank, because they will get bigger...It is going to be hard to find a good decoration for the middle of the tank. Ive been on the lookout for a nice piece of driftwood for the middle....
Nick

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Okay so I just want to let everyone know that I'm getting a school of 10 or so cardinal tetra's and a fancy pleco and than I'm done adding to the tank. What does everyone think?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
well, if my angels ever get any ideas on eating any fish it will be the neons, since they are smaller than cardinals. Thats why I'm going with cardinals is they are bigger....
Hmmmmm Now what fancy pleco shall I get?

Nick

·
Registered
891 Posts
Oh yes, I forgot you have neons. :)
Now, if you're going to get a pleco, it must be a zebra pleco. Otherwise there's no point in getting one :bluelaugh: :jk:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Brie said:
Oh yes, I forgot you have neons. :)
Now, if you're going to get a pleco, it must be a zebra pleco. Otherwise there's no point in getting one :bluelaugh: :jk:
Why zebra plec? To wipe out his bundle of cash?:thumbsup: :bluelaugh: To at least prevent him from buying more fish.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Brie said:
Maybe... :squint:
I'd rather go over the "To prevent him from buying more fish".:bluelaugh:
Hoo boy..do I ever know Nick planning more tetras for his tank.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Psssshhh you guys!!!
Okay so i'm not getting a pleco thats going to whipe my bank account out!!!

And blue...what is that sposed to mean :wink:
Your saying that you never know me to not want more tetra's? Hmmm... lol but seriously what do you think about my last fishy's?
I do water changes every 2 day's at least 20% I do good on maintenance ( or else my clown loaches would be dead because they need good water to live in ;) ).....
So, what would be a good -not so expensive- fancy pleco?
also..what y'all think about the cardinals! lol

Nick

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Hmmm thats an idea...

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
If not, get a bristlenose.:thumbsup:
Only the zebra plec will eat away your bank accounts.:bluelaugh:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Yes it will...I dont even know if my LFS's have fancy plecos :evil: lol I havnt been there for about a month

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
flattrack23 said:
Yes it will...I dont even know if my LFS's have fancy plecos :evil: lol I havnt been there for about a month
Er...were you saying you failed to buy fancy plecs after you returned to your lfs?:bluelaugh:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I just wanted to update on my plants...

SOME HAVE BEEN GROWING LIKE CRAZY!!

New plants popping up in some places and growing and new leaves on a plant I didnt know I have...and WOW! i just set up a DIY CO2 system and this will help it even more...
Just felt like saying that! Lol

Nick

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.