Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :fish:
I am new to this, setting up my 1st tank (I have a JEBO R338)
I want to get some tetras and a bottom feeder
How many tetras would be suitable and what type of bottom feeder?

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Hi Amy and welcome

I looked up what you have, and it’s a tank on the small side so you would be best going with nano fish - fish that stay under 2 inches. Micro rasboras are a type to look into - essentially tetras. For bottom feeders I would suggest shrimp, or even dwarf crayfish (or both).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pygmy cory cats will make an awesome fish for that tank if you can get your hands on them.(pic below) You can get more of them because they stay small (6 to 8 is a good minimum population). They shoal together like a lil squad which is really fun to watch. They will be fine with your tetras, but they can easily be bite sized by somthing like a gourami or an anglefish.
It's a 10 gallon tank if I'm correct and the number of tetras depends on species. You should put as many as you can maintain because they get way more confident in numbers.I reccomend neon tetras. Start with like 6 or so and if they are thriving and you can stay on top of the amonia and nitrate, get some more.
The more hiding spots you put in the back of the tank, the more comfortable your fish will be and you will actually see them a lot more. I hope you enjoy your tank!!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts