Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I had a small tank when I was a teen, I am just now getting back into it with 3 36 gallon tanks.

The first one will be primarily friendly tetras, and has been successfully running along now for 2+ months, with live plants, a couple of small algae eaters, and 2 small catfish. I used Safestart + with this tank and had good success.

The second one will be swordtails and danios, already in. I will then be adding some of the tetras that are semi-aggressive, along with a couple of small algae eaters, and 2 small catfish. It is partially cycled.

The third will be the tank for those fish that can't get along with the fish in the other 2 tanks. No idea what that will include...yet. It is doing a fishless cycle.

About me: Retired middle school principal. Lived in Thailand for 2 years after retirement, but the riots led me to return home, although to Colorado instead of back East. I love to travel, but health concerns are restricting most of that, so turning to tropical fish seemed interesting since I am home more now.

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
hello and welcome,
look forward to keeping up with how your tanks progress. :-D
wish i was retired.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello and welcome,
look forward to keeping up with how your tanks progress. :-D
wish i was retired.
Thank you!

But, yesterday I woke up to one of my tanks infected with Ich!

So I am battling that.

Remember, even though it's nice being retired, it also means one is getting old!

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
oh no :-( that's what kind of worries me about getting my clown loaches,
they always seem to get it.
hmmm there's always a down side to everything,however i think i can cope
with the getting older bit now.

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

We're glad you found us. Good luck getting rid of that icky Ich :(