Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. My name is Kristina im new and loving this page. I have had aquariums for a two years and as a child i also had small aquariums. Looking to meet many in the hobby and looking to soak up all the info needed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi...I'm new here too....you'll love the people and all the info! Love your tank! Question...how long have you had your boesemani? I'm wondering because I've had mine for a month and they don't show much colour yet....

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Info?... you won't find that here! Ha... NOT.
Lots and lots of things to learn in here. We're glad you joined us!! Welcome!
Looks amazing! I finally saw your list. Try to get your Boesemani numbers up if you can. They are social and like a group of about 6-7. The females are very differently colored than the males. I've had my group for 3 years now.

Reactions: TT247

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DeboraBremmer.. Thanks for the welcome.. I only have had them for a couple of weeks, i was told that as they get older there color becomes more vibrant. I hope so.. lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seahorse... LOL Thanks. I just got them about 2 weeks ago. I like them and i will be getting more. Question.. So are the female boesemani more colorful?

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
No... they are very different. The males, my two, are half grey and one is half yellow, the other one is half orange. So the males are fully 2 colour. The females are blue/grey/green/yellow ISH with 2-3 vertical grey/black stripes up their middle.
Here is a video I found if I can get it to work. This IS a female. Hope it works and you can see what I mean.

Female Boesemani Rainbow Fish - YouTube

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SeaHorse One of mine is half grey and half yellow. the other has that line and a litle bit of what looks like orange but very light.

Thanks for the video i was able to see it.

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Is your male like her's is at the 15 second mark?? See the distinct 2 colours. I have one like that and one that is much paler or yellow.

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
hello and welcome,hope you'll be very happy here.:-D

Reactions: TT247
1 - 10 of 10 Posts