Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
I would recommend REAL plants in your tank. the reason for that is when your tank is cycled your NITRATE'S will go up. And sometimes really high, and plants can help contain those nitrates because the plants 'eat' the nitrates.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm not exactly sure about the lights on during cycling. But if I remember the lights should be on. I may be wrong if I am than someone PLEASE reassure me. Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
620 Posts
Yes that is true. But having a few plants doesnt mean you need CO2? if you have a fully planted tank yes CO2 is needed. And you dont necessarly need plant food either. I have a lot of plants in my tank and never had CO2 or gave them plant food and none have ever died. Just a thought. A few plants wont hurt. And by all means im not trying to argue with you with everything Steve. Just giving my imput. 8)

Nick

·
Registered
620 Posts
I just have misc. plants. I bought some ' assorted ' plants from my LFS. I dont have any 'popular named' plants. I will be getting some long plants for my backdrop. Maybe thats why mine dont need maintenace?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Blue, maybe giving the comman name of the plants might help him out. He's probably reading that going :shock: lol. Well at least its what i'm doing haha.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Sweet looking forward to it :mrgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.