Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!
I am new to the Tropical Fish Keeping forum. I have been fishkeeping for the past two years on a more serious level than just goldfish or tossing fish into a tank. I currently own a 38gal. bowfront aquarium, with a running Amazon theme. I have a gorgeous Angelfish named Diago (He looks like ice. It is so cool). A group of rummy nose tetras (unfortunately, they are not true rummys. I did not find that out until I brought them home though.) A hatchet Fish, five ottos, shrimp, and some neon tetras that WILL NOT stop growing.... When I say they won't stop growing, I mean they make the Rummys look small, and my largest is as big as they are (I have six of them currently. They were my "guinea pig" starters after I had to totally start over from an ich infection that wiped out everything earlier last year before I knew what was going on. Plus an infection of Cali worms which I did not know about until I had euthanized all of them). I have been slowly stocking the tank with live plants, am planning to add more as the year goes by. I also am going to be getting more fish, (hatchets and some cories.) depending on how the tank and the fish are doing. Currently, I am battling Calli worms, and have lost a snail, a neon, as well as a rummy. I ordered some Levi. dewormer, (it's essentially a sheep and swine dewormer from what I understand. Everyone seems to have good results using it on the awful worms) and it will be here in a week or so, in the meantime, I have been dosing with Safe Gaurd dewormer. I am glad to find a forum where so many fish keepers are able to point out the do's and don'ts of the delicate hobby of fishkeeping. :smile2:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts