Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all thank you for taking your time to have a click on my post :D

I used to keep fish years ago as kid but after moving out of the parents I've never had the space to keep some!

Luckily we now have the room and after a little persuasion my girlfriend agreed to let me get a small 65L tank! I was all for the idea of a smaller tank for now, knowing that eventually she'll all in love with the tank and fish and we'll happily be able to upgrade when the discus get bigger :D luckily Shes in love with the discus and probably spends more time watching them then I do
Heres how are set up is looking at the moment :)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
It looks terrific! However you have several major problems... You have tropical fish with cichlid fish, it's also way overstocked. Even tohugh the discus are babies they still require ALOT of space. Cichlids need 78-82 temp and your other small tropical fish need 75-85. Actually, it's probably okay but you need a MUCH bigger tank, otherwise I love the aquascape! Keep up the good work! I reccomend watching FishforThought it's on youtube and is really helpful excpecially for tetras and your other small tropical fish. He also does funny reviews that also ahev infermation in them. Reply to this message for more help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply and info :D
I didnt realise that it is a little crowded now
I have been keeping ontop of water changes though! Doing a 1/4 to a 1/3rd of the tank every 3-4 days the water seems to be always super clear and have been making sure to test the water ever week trying to keep it as clean as possible for the discus

Ill have to show my girlfriend this message! Hopefully just after Christmas we'll be able to upgrade and get a bigger tank! But if your concerned then maybe it will need to happen a little earlier!

I'm super happy how the scape came out! The plants are loving life in there! Im going to use this tank for a male beta once we get the new tank!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks terrific! However you have several major problems... You have tropical fish with cichlid fish, it's also way overstocked. Even tohugh the discus are babies they still require ALOT of space. Cichlids need 78-82 temp and your other small tropical fish need 75-85. Actually, it's probably okay but you need a MUCH bigger tank, otherwise I love the aquascape! Keep up the good work! I reccomend watching FishforThought it's on youtube and is really helpful excpecially for tetras and your other small tropical fish. He also does funny reviews that also ahev infermation in them. Reply to this message for more help!
How many discus would be comfortable in a 250L tank?

·
Registered
114 Posts
It looks liek you have two in there it can probably fit one without problems its not to overstocked but they grow fast so you shuld probably upgrade soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks liek you have two in there it can probably fit one without problems its not to overstocked but they grow fast so you shuld probably upgrade soon.
I was talking about how many I could fit in a 250L tank that I have been eyeing up today I currently have 3! I have noticed how much they have grown in the time we have had them! They will be ok for now im sure! They look really happy! Good appetites! Always come up to the glass quite social, although im sure they are always just after more food

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Woke up today to find these swimming about my tank :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts