Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks I've been keeping guppies for meny years. But I have a question and something iv found in my 29gal over a year old tank it seems to be a worm but is flat when it stretches out. I have not put anything in there for over 3 months and that was a bunch of plants I got online. Hopefully someone out there has an idea. I do have a video but need to make it smaller 1st.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 gal w/ Spoiled Guppies , Mollies and 3 Bettas in private tanks
64 Posts
Although I am a Pest Management Professional , worms are technically not a pest. However my wife and I don't like seeing any in our aquariums either. I do know from fishing experience that Roundworms (Earthworms , Nightcrawlers etc) can seemingly flatten themselves to get through an area. My suggestion would be to remove it asap. It looks on the larger side from the pic , like too big for a guppy to eat. We've had small worms and grrrrrr #[email protected]*^ SNAILS ! get into our 50 gallon because of plants that were put in. Are there guppies or other fish in the tank right now? Read this : How to Remove Worms From a Fish Tank
I hope that helps. and welcome to TFK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and thanks for the reply. Yes I do have two golden banded loaches eight Otto's and if you go shrimp but not sure how many of them.. and yes looks like I'm going to have to pull it apart because I tryed to pull it out and when I went for it it went underneath the substrate and the thing is I don't know how it got in there to begin with.... I will look at the form that you sent I really appreciate the response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts