Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello Im new to planted tanks and wanted some advice on how to make my tank grow and thrive the best I can. So um I geuss Ill start with the tank specs I know and can think of.:oops:
Its a 5 gal with playsand caped with gravel and houses red cherry shrimp and a few pond snails
the light is a new 13 watt cfl white light in a desk lamp (changed since pic was sucky LED that was standard)
It also gets some sunlight from windows about 7 feet away
heated to around 80
Its about 3 weeks old
soft water
kh of around 50
ph of 6.8
nitrates around 20
seachem florish tabs near roots of rooted plants
plants are:
java fern. windolov fern, frogbit, salvina, amazon sword, java moss, duckweed,
bacopa, Anubias barteri nana Golden, BACOPA AMPLEXICAULIS, Crypt beketti

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The gh is 75 and the heater cant go any lower would like to add that there is catappa leave in it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
small tank it works fine in larger just keeps smaller a little on the warm side used to use it in a betta tank so it being 80 in a small tank was fine as betta very much like their water at 80 in a 10 or 20 it stays around 75 or so unless I turn it up

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes I will probly change the bulb in the lamp I have on it now to a grow light and I did some research it seems that fertilizer is safe if used correctly and it seems reasonably priced and will last quite a while I think

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.