Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum but I'm not exactly new to fish keeping; my planted 20 gal high has been cycled and well established for nearly 2 years now (and I went through a 1 and 5 gallon before that). And I just got my M.S. in marine science....with a fisheries lab-based project.

I just moved to a new apartment and I lost a couple older fish and my ADF (he was with me for over 5 years, good long life) shortly before hand.

The tank is doing well with the new source water; my 3 peppered Corys and 4 cardinal tetras are doing well. But it seems I'm understocked and can have some fun with new fishes!

Any suggestions on new species to add?

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!!

maybe a few more pepper cories and cardinals? they do like to be in a bigger school ^___^

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
That would be my suggestion too, and then pick something as your centerpiece fish, such as a ram or a DG or something.

Reactions: willow

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the good suggestions. I was definitely thinking about getting a DG at some point but adding some more tetras will probably make the one's I have a little happier (not that the ones I have are sad, they school around the tank all the time).

let's see if I can figure out how to attach a pic of my tank....think I got it...

Attachments

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
hello and warm welcome :-D
nice tank….and i'm with the others on the suggestion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts