Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started with 7 tiger barbs 4 regular and 3 green. I had them in a 20g tank and they fought till there was one left :-?. so i returned him and got 8 baby green barbs and a 40g tank. i started the cycle on my 40g (fishless with ace ammonia) while they grew up in the 20g. my tank finished cycling yesterday so i switched them over today. Now the bad. they dont seem to like the current as i have a 2 aquaclear 70. i turned one off and they seem to be better but wont eat. do they like current or no. also should i but a air stone in. my water is hard ammonia 0ppm nitrite 0ppm and nitrate is 20ppm from only being able to change 80 percent of the water. can i add any other fish into this 40g tank with 8 green barbs or no. thanks

·
Registered
840 Posts
You have room for more fish but be carefull with tigerbarbs because they will harrass other fish and eachother. Choose swift swimming active fish that will not be stressed by thr tigers' incessant activity.

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
hello and warm welcome :-D

Reactions: aussieJJDude

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I say bottom dwellers are the best to go!
If your going for an asian fish group i look into coolie loaches, danios and more tiger barbs.. :) Big shoals of tigers are amazing!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you think i could put my chiclids in with them? also they all seem to be chasing each other after going into their new tank and they lost color they are so pale now. any reason why thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts