Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to the forum but not to fish keeping! We had a 700+ gallon pond before I was 10 and many aquariums with many fish. I am new to Brackish Fish and I have a 75 Gallon and I want to set it up right with your advice and the correct amount of fish. I really want to keep the Archer Fish. I read a 75 Gallon is good for 1-3 but I wanted to see what you experts thought! I am going to raise Banded Crickets and Mealworms for my Frogs and Lizards and I can spare a bunch for the Archer Fish so it can also help me keep the numbers of crickets down. I don't want a lot of them. I don't want to cram all the fish in this tank. I'd be good with hopefully 3 if you all agree it's okay. I would make it a paludarium which I have experience making so it's also awesome I can do that for a fish. I was wondering if I could keep 2 Mudskipper Fish or 2 Bichir Fish with any Archer Fish? This tank is a while away but I just wanted to start my research for this tank now. Thank you all for the advice!

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I would suggest making thus into a riparian... gives a greater water volume for the fish, then a paludarium.

Bichirs aren't brackish water fish, so I would suggest leaving them out. As for mudskippers, they mostly land dwelling - hard to believe it - and if one was to mix, would do better in a larger tank size - like 6 ft long - so you can set up areas for both species to enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: AAronCap
1 - 2 of 2 Posts