Tropical Fish Keeping banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My baby pleco doesn't look like any common plec that I've ever seen. I've had it for over 6 months and it has grown maybe 1/4 inch. It is about the size of a cory. It is really small and I'm not sure it will ever get much bigger. I'd get a pic to show you but it hides all the time. It only comes out long enough to race to another hiding spot! I hardly ever see it anymore.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
2,012 Posts
him not growing could be a bad thing, its growth might be stunted, a picture would really help in finding out what pleco he is, but for now, get rid of your pkgs and dont get anything else until we sort out your pleco problem
 

· Registered
Joined
·
765 Posts
lioness501 said:
im no expert but that certainly doesnt look like a common pleco to me?
You're right!
:shock:
it looks more of a synodontis rather than a plec....

hope this helps!:D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Ok I did some research on the Synodontis Catfish. It looks a lot like the Synodontis waterloti. The website that I found said that they are rare, but I swear that is what it is. It said that they only get 6" long.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
shavon said:
Ok I did some research on the Synodontis Catfish. It looks a lot like the Synodontis waterloti. The website that I found said that they are rare, but I swear that is what it is. It said that they only get 6" long.
its hard to tell but it does look like a synodontis waterloti
 

· Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Would anyone be willing to give these cute guys a new home? I really need to get rid of them.



They are getting too big for my tank. I was misinformed about their size when they are fullgrown.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
606 Posts
shavon said:
Would anyone be willing to give these cute guys a new home? I really need to get rid of them.



They are getting too big for my tank. I was misinformed about their size when they are fullgrown.
I would love to have some of those again! I just got a 35 gallon that they could live in...how many are there?
 

· Banned
Joined
·
2,012 Posts
matt they dont fit in a 35 gallon, plus they are highly agressive and the "kissing" is actually fighting, i wouldnt recommend these fish to anyone unless its a species tank, these fellas get to 7-8 inches.

They are cute though, why dont you keep a few since you have a large tank?
Just be carefull as these fish arent the best for some people, actually most people, they are mainly sold to people who think the so called "kissing" is cool

do you think any reliable lfs will take them in, btw im not asking you matt :)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I already spoke to my lfs. They said that they won't take them because they don't keep them regularly. They aren't really aggresive to anyone except each other. They don't bother anyone else in the tank. There are five total. They are about 3-3.5 inches right now.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
2,012 Posts
shavon said:
I already spoke to my lfs. They said that they won't take them because they don't keep them regularly. They aren't really aggresive to anyone except each other. They don't bother anyone else in the tank. There are five total. They are about 3-3.5 inches right now.
i hope you can find a good home for them then
 
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top