Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Banned
2,012 Posts
perhaps a school of otos? Otos are mini sucker mouth fish that grow to about 1.5-2 inches, they do an incredible job at cleaning algae, only problem with these is that they might not eat what you feed them, thy might only eat the algae in your tank so only own these if you have a substancial algae growth.

· Banned
2,012 Posts
glo-fish, incase you didnt know, is a chemically altered zebra danio that is injected with coral or jellyfish DNA to give them an unatural color, it is illegal in the State of California, dont be fooled by there color

· Banned
2,012 Posts
a parrot fish cant even close its mouth, i also think it has no spline. All it is is a hybrid severum and something else. Also there are a lot of dyed parrot fish out there, Always make sure with your lfs if the fish is dyed or not. If they say something like, "well yeah but they look really nice! I'll give it to you for a discount." dont listen, they should be off the market and made illegal. Its like a tattoo on your you-know-what on an innocent baby, thats what it probably feels like, besides the fact that the effect isnt even permanent.

Also as blue said in another post, dont get those Galaxy Rasboras since they are becoming endangered.

Please reconsider the Pleco, it is another LFS problem that they sell common pleco's to a begginer, they get really big. If your husband likes them so much im sure he can get a bigger tank that will fit them. And if not, there are many different types of pleco's on the market that are a lot smaller, like a pitbull or brittlenose. Please, its not for the sake of the tanks look, its for the sake of the fishes health

· Banned
2,012 Posts
him not growing could be a bad thing, its growth might be stunted, a picture would really help in finding out what pleco he is, but for now, get rid of your pkgs and dont get anything else until we sort out your pleco problem

· Banned
2,012 Posts
matt they dont fit in a 35 gallon, plus they are highly agressive and the "kissing" is actually fighting, i wouldnt recommend these fish to anyone unless its a species tank, these fellas get to 7-8 inches.

They are cute though, why dont you keep a few since you have a large tank?
Just be carefull as these fish arent the best for some people, actually most people, they are mainly sold to people who think the so called "kissing" is cool

do you think any reliable lfs will take them in, btw im not asking you matt :)

· Banned
2,012 Posts
shavon said:
I already spoke to my lfs. They said that they won't take them because they don't keep them regularly. They aren't really aggresive to anyone except each other. They don't bother anyone else in the tank. There are five total. They are about 3-3.5 inches right now.
i hope you can find a good home for them then

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.