Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the fish tank for around 2 weeks by now, it's a 10 gallon, still cycling and with the fish.

The plants I initially got didn't seem to like it too much in there and one by one - as they changed color and started rotting - they were removed.

At the fish market they told me that the more porous the gravel is, the better chance there is the plants will actually root.

I got new gravel and am planning to introduce it in addition to the gravel I already have.

I also got some new plants and rinsed them in purified (not tap) water.

However, I am afraid of putting them into the tank since I am not sure if its possible to introduce new harmful bacteria this way.

Should it be done, and if so - how?

Thank you

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can the plants introduce harmful bacteria

to tell the truth I am not really worried about the plants so much, but about the fish, I've had 4 deaths since I got the tank and I am scared I might destroy the whatever equilibrium there might have developed.

another question - what are egg snails and what do they do?

questions number 3: when plant fertilizer disolves, does it affect the fish and if not - how come it doesn't - its the same water isn't it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.