Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
It's been quite awhile, but I'm on spring break so I've got awhile to give my tanks a boost
My planted 10g has been running for a few years now, and I need to restock since I no longer have any top level fish. All that's in it right now is a snail, an oto, a black kuhli, and two amano shrimp.
I don't want to do a major restock, because looking ahead, I'll be moving to an apartment in just over a year that won't allow any 'large' tanks, so I just want a little something to brighten the tank for now.
I was thinking maybe just a little betta since I've never actually had one of those before. But, would that be okay in my tank with the other Critters? Would a female be a better Options?And also with the in tank filter is there any risks with the fins?
Thanks! Any alternate ideas would be great too! Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Cherry barbs, black neon, galaxy rasboras, male endler, cherry shrimp, rabbit snails, micro corydoras, rock shrimp all look good in a small tank. A top swimming fish with a secure top an African butterfly fish they only grow to be about 4-6".

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a beta in my community tank that has an Otto too and I've had no problems. My beta is extremely friendly and loves to hang out with my mollies lol. He doesn't attack any other fish... It will depend on your beta's personality. You could get a temporary breeding trap to introduce him to his tank mates. I personally love my beta, but make sure you have a lid. From my experience, mine has never tried to jump out of the tank but he has jumped up to try to get food.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You're looking for something colorful and bright? A betta would work in there male or female. Also, guppy, which are smaller than bettas and more docile, males are vastly more colorful than females, and you could probably add two, since they are small fish. Just don't mix males and females, you don't have room for them to breed in that size tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts