Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

This is Jenson from Singapore, used to keep tropical fishes before, but stop that after going to tertiary studies.

Now start keeping goldfishes again due to my son who loves fish so much that we've decided to keep fish again! So tried to pick up fish keeping again and try to keep the fish beautiful and healthy as my family is now enjoying the fishes in the 30L mini aquarium.

It's the Classica Paradom Aquarium XL330 from a local fish shop. Quite nice and easy to maintain, but just realised, again, even for Goldfish, it's not an easy tasks to keep them alive and healthy, while making sure the water quality maintenance is nicely done!

Nice to see you guys!

Cheers,
Jenson

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Hello Jenson and welcome to the forum :wave:

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
hello and welcome :)
seeing as gold fish are big waste producers,as long as you
keep the water clean,you'll do just fine. :-D

·
Registered
77 Posts
WELCOME TO TFK!!!

Its really cool here.. Kick off your shoes, relax and stay awhile.. I can make you a peanut butter and jelly if you would like. Just pay for shipping. :lol:

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
you know i think i would like to try that !:-D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WELCOME TO TFK!!!

Its really cool here.. Kick off your shoes, relax and stay awhile.. I can make you a peanut butter and jelly if you would like. Just pay for shipping. :lol:
Hi Uncle Easy,

Thanks for the warmest welcome! You always make your own gel food for your goldfishes?

I read a lot about home made gel food but have never find a great recipe and time to make some for my fishes though.

Great to have it done and delivered! But it would be a long journey! All the way from your place to Singapore!?!

Just gotten a TVR cull to try and experience it, from an experienced hobbyist which he doesn't mind to let me try to explore and learn from keeping TVR cull.

Precious only 1 BBR cull.

Due to my careless mistakes, 5 of my fishes wiped out, only left 4, they are 1 Oranda, 1 Ryukin, 1 Lionhead, and 1 Thai Ranchu.

Now raising the 2 batches of fries from the recent spawns using hatched brine shrimp eggs, also FOC from the hobbyist to let me learn.

Cheers,
Jenson

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Uncle Easy,

Thanks for the warmest welcome! You always make your own gel food for your goldfishes?

I read a lot about home made gel food but have never find a great recipe and time to make some for my fishes though.

Great to have it done and delivered! But it would be a long journey! All the way from your place to Singapore!?!

Just gotten a TVR cull to try and experience it, from an experienced hobbyist which he doesn't mind to let me try to explore and learn from keeping TVR cull.

Precious only 1 BBR cull.

Due to my careless mistakes, 5 of my fishes wiped out, only left 4, they are 1 Oranda, 1 Ryukin, 1 Lionhead, and 1 Thai Ranchu.

Now raising the 2 batches of fries from the recent spawns using hatched brine shrimp eggs, also FOC from the hobbyist to let me learn.

Cheers,
Jenson
I meant I will make you a sandwich, it was a joke.. Sorry for the miscommunication :oops:

I'm sure someone on this site can help you with making food for your fish. I am sorry for your loss of fish :cry:

Reactions: willow

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I meant I will make you a sandwich, it was a joke.. Sorry for the miscommunication :oops:

I'm sure someone on this site can help you with making food for your fish. I am sorry for your loss of fish :cry:
No problem, so far I've only been feeding them SSS sinking pellets, some bros advised me to feed them some frozen blood worm every day too.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Welcome... goldies are amazing little ( not always that little) critters.. Mine are "outdoor" fish that provide hours of enjoyment to my wife and I and the neighborhood kids.. sorry to hear you lost a few...mistakes happen...life is a learning experience.. we dont stop learning until we take a dirt nap...
enjoy the friendly folks here...I'll have to view your vidio when i get home..As its blocked here at work ( something I should be doing now):oops:

Reactions: willow

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome... goldies are amazing little ( not always that little) critters.. Mine are "outdoor" fish that provide hours of enjoyment to my wife and I and the neighborhood kids.. sorry to hear you lost a few...mistakes happen...life is a learning experience.. we dont stop learning until we take a dirt nap...
enjoy the friendly folks here...I'll have to view your vidio when i get home..As its blocked here at work ( something I should be doing now):oops:
In Singapore, majority of us are staying in government subsidised apartment, while those more affluent can afford to buy landed property, which usually costs a few millions and above to posses it.

Thus, not really possible for us to have the luxury to keep outdoor fishes. I often heard that outdoor setup is the best for goldfishes and ranchus.

·
Registered
840 Posts
goldfish

In addition to bloodworms, try feeding frozen daphnia, its for sale at petsmart. Do you have petsmart in Singapore?

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
shelled peas are taken well too,give them a little squish first. :-D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts