Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got 4 3/4 inch GBR's and 4 3/4 Gold Rams for my 75. Both sets where locally bred on tap PH so shouldn't be a problem with that and I keep my 75 at 82 so temp is no prob. Going to have to get some more plants as they grow and establish territories but that shouldn't be a problem. :) I Temporarily moved my Bolivian ram to a quarantine tank to ensure the rams settle in and grow a bit before they have to deal with the tank boss. When the tank settles down and I can get a few pics I'll be sure to snap some.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
You dont need to put the temp that high. 78 is usually fine. The bolivians will have a problem with the rams. The rams are more aggressive/bossy. But in a big tank there shouldnt be a problem. You should post some pics!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Fine 78-84 is good. I did have them with my discus before and they did great (temp was 83) when i got rid of the discus, i turned the temp down to 78 and they still spawned every month or too.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might raise the temp in the future a bit but I want to see how everyone settles first. I have a fair amount of tetra types that would probably be fine with the water around 84 degrees but the diamond tetra keep breeding and the fry/eggs will be a nice snack for the rams so I don't want to mess with what isn't broken. :D

Right now I am trying to get a lot of debris out of the tank. It has been at my parents house for about a year without me (while i was at college) and while they have kept up with water changes some unsightly debris clustered underneath a lot of the decorations/plants. Now that I moved things around it is out and about and unsightly. :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
You could add more shrimp and cories. Just feed some pellets at night so all the bottom feeders get some. The cories will not eat the ghost shrimp. Also what Type of pleco? Also are all the tetras the same?
Posted via Mobile Device
Oops sorry, I think this posted in the wrong place but thank you. The tetras are the same, neon. The pleco came from my brothers girlfriend, a plain dinosaur type. I felt sorry for it so put it in a then empty tank, now it's more than double in size, maybe 5 inches.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These were just taken during feeding time. They showed a little of their spunk (especially when it came to blood worms).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Cool! How are they at algae eating? That is why I wanted them last time (around a year ago). I heard they are great. Also i heard that they love high flow.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yet a year and all is ok.

Maybe some need 84 degrees, that's a high temp. Some don't. Live plants will grow mega algae at that temp.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts