Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife took the plunge into Discus today.
She took over another of my tanks.:roll:
Here are a few pics, of her fish in my tank. Wonder if she is going to do the water changes.:shock:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Lucky you!
I been wanting discus in my tank for a while now, parents always saying no! :-(
Don't worry, I get through to them one day!
They looks super cute too!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Wow, they are beautiful!

Reactions: dave56

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm pretty fortunate to have a GOOD LFS near. I've known the owner for years, and he has always bought quality fish, and taken excellent care of them. There is ALWAYS a siphon hose running out of the store.:lol:

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
DAVE!!!! Ohhhhhh my! ! ! Congratulations on your (wife's) new babies!!! The two of you are breaking all kinds of new fishkeeping ground this year, neh? I love them!!! ^_^

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Chesh!!
Got to keep the wife happy :lol:
Since we talked last, I now have 7 planted tanks, and started breeding GBR, and GBR (golds)
Had to open part of the fishroom back up.:roll:

·
Registered
11 Posts
wow!! They are stunningly beautiful. What should all the water parameters be to raise discus properly, healthy, and safely? I really want to get into discus and I don't make any mistakes so any help would be great thank you. And again those discus are just beautiful.

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
absolutely beautiful..lucky wifey :-D

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wow!! They are stunningly beautiful. What should all the water parameters be to raise discus properly, healthy, and safely? I really want to get into discus and I don't make any mistakes so any help would be great thank you. And again those discus are just beautiful.
I keep my wifes Discus in these water parameters.
Temp 84
KH 4
GH4
PH 6.4
Nitrates <5
Nitrites 0
Amm. 0
I do 3 75% water changes per week, probably overkill since the tank is heavily plante. But I want them in pristine water. They are fed a diet of bloodworms( frozen, and FD), FD blackworms, cichlid pellets, and Omega one flakes veggie, and cichlid. Their diet is supplemented with live foods from time to time when available.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts