Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed more for my 2 gsp to do in their tank but after pricing tank decorations I decided to make some myself and they turned out pretty good. I bought PVC joints the ones that curve and one that makes a T. and I covered them with pure silicone and took the same color/type rocks that they have on the bottom of their tank and covered the pipe with them. Out of two joints they ended up with 5 caves/tunnels that completely blend into the aquarium and with plants placed around give them lots of places to explore. :welldone:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Where are the pics, Butterbean?:mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Excellent idea butterbean, can't wait to see the pics :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:wave: Here are the pictures, my gsp's really seem to like them :lol: The tunnels not the pictures

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Nice.:thumbsup: They camouflage so well.:D

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Excellent idea, and they do blend in really well with the rest of the tank. Great job! :D

·
Banned
2,994 Posts
I tried the gravel on plastic pipe thing before, the little buggers pecked it all off. Look nice thou. :D

·
Registered
706 Posts
Excellent! It turned out great! What a good idea :) thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:wave: Tracy can you post pictures I would love to see them :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm doing it!
Yay!
I have made a longer tunnel...
I have spraypainted it blue then I'm gonna puc rocks on..(please tell me spray paint is safe for them when it's dry...)

·
Registered
136 Posts
i put two pieces of PVC in my 29G....

one is a 4" in diameter 45 degree corner piece. the other is a 3" diameter y-shaped piece. both are black and i have them buried in black rock. looks pretty gnarly with my pirate flag background.

·
Registered
26 Posts
that looks so cool! and a lot easier than most do it yourself projects

-cover plastic pipe with silicone
-cover silicone with rocks
:D

I can't wait to try it out!

·
Registered
174 Posts
i was just at my brothers place the other day and seen a whole box of pvc pipes and elbows.... i wonder if he will notice if it goes missing, lol

1 - 20 of 74 Posts