Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, although I am not able to post a photo at the present time, was hoping you could help me identify my new angel. I got it at a fish store where a customer who is changing over to saltwater dropped the angelfish off. It is absolutely stunning! Marble colour (black, white and some gold) and has the longest fins I have ever seen :eek: I was looking at photos on the internet and still haven't found one like this angel. My guess is a veiltail of some sort. Just wanted to share -- this fish is gorgeous! I have put the new angel in my 46 gallon community tank where the other inhabitants are 1 scalare angel, 4 gouramis, 4 silver dollars, 5 red wag platys (for colour), and 3 bottom fish (plec, cory, clown loach). So far the new angel and my existing angel (same size except for fin length) are a bit nippy towards each other, but the smaller fish seem okay with it.

If anyone has suggestions (i.e. I should take out the platys or some of the gouramis), please share. I do have enough aquariums that I can move some of the fish around.

:D

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that your fish? He's (she's) beautiful! Yes, mine is more white than black, though, and the fins are just amazing, I have never seen fins like this. But i think you are right, a marble veiltail.

Thank you for your reply. I'll get some batteries for my digital cam and hopefully get a photo soon. :)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
i would def move your gouramis...mine doesnt do well with my angel. good luck!

bri

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, really? So far so good with my first angel and the gouramis, but I'll watch the new angel carefully, thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts