Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am back from the fish store and I have 4 new occupants in my tank. I had 1 Black Skirt Tetra so I knew I needed more so add 2. Also picked up 2 Black Neon Tetras for a total of 4 new. There was 2 fish in the tank already so I added 4. If all goes well this week and levels do not get wacky on me, I will add 3 more of each to fulfill the schooling needs of the species. Now I am looking at building a bigger tank.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, just got back from the Fish store! Now have 6 Black Skirt Tetras and 6 Black Neon's. With the Bushyface Pleco I have, my tank is almost over populated. So I setup a sponge filter to help. Tank looks great.. Now I need another one! lol

·
Registered
645 Posts
just keep an eye out for cycle bumps.adding lots of fish in a short amount of time may give you a bump until the bacterial colonies play catch up. best to check your ammo readings for a bit and stay on top of water changes.new fish are so fun.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I came home late this morning to my first dead fish. Removed the poor little guy and instantly did a level test. All appears to be well. Did a 25% water change anyway. Nothing appeared to be wrong with the dead one. No bite marks or nipped fins. I will be watching!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turns out it must have been just something with that fish. I check the levels of my water every day and not much movement in them. All the rest of the fish seem to be fine. The hunt for a new larger tank is back in full swing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts