Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My betta, Nemo, has a problem with his tail. It seems to be going away. It has been like this for quite a while. At first he was in a 2 gallon unfiltered tank. I treated with tetracycline then beta fix then aquarium salt. At first it was just a little bit and seemed to regrow when I was using the aquarium salt. I moved him to a 10 gallon with a filter hoping that the circulation and cycle would help regrowth. In my 50 I had an angel that lost most of top fin and long ones on bottom but regrew very quickly.

I also added a DIY co2 to Nemo's tank and noticed today that the water is a little cloudy. I tested and got 0 ammonia 0 nitrite and about 10 nitrate. We were away in Europe for 3 weeks and i noticed his tail is worse when I got back. I had someone looking in and fertilizing tanks but no water changes. I did a 50% water change on
6-12 and again today 6-15. He seems a little lethargic and I noticed that he has a swollen part right where the body turn into the tail.

What is the best course of action at this point?

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My betta, Nemo, has a problem with his tail. It seems to be going away. It has been like this for quite a while. At first he was in a 2 gallon unfiltered tank. I treated with tetracycline then beta fix then aquarium salt. At first it was just a little bit and seemed to regrow when I was using the aquarium salt. I moved him to a 10 gallon with a filter hoping that the circulation and cycle would help regrowth. In my 50 I had an angel that lost most of top fin and long ones on bottom but regrew very quickly.

I also added a DIY co2 to Nemo's tank and noticed today that the water is a little cloudy. I tested and got 0 ammonia 0 nitrite and about 10 nitrate. We were away in Europe for 3 weeks and i noticed his tail is worse when I got back. I had someone looking in and fertilizing tanks but no water changes. I did a 50% water change on
6-12 and again today 6-15. He seems a little lethargic and I noticed that he has a swollen part right where the body turn into the tail.

What is the best course of action at this point?
Fish Organism Aquarium Freshwater aquarium Fish

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No improvements yet with the tetracycline. I did find API Furan-2 which is 60mg Nitrofurazone and 25mg Furazolidone. I have to do a small water change and we'll see what happens. He has been active and eating well. Would keeping him on a diet of only freeze dried blood worms for a while (for protein) help? I also have FD tubifex worms. He takes betta pellets well. I have been feeding every other day. Should I do everyday? Maybe pellets one day and worms the next?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.