Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i have a 30 gallon planted tank with a marineland 200 and i had an infection go through my tank and kill almost all my fish :( so now that ive treated it i want some help stocking my tank :) what i currently have is
1 molly
3 julii cories ( i had 5 but the disease killed them)
and a golden dojo loach that my cousin gave to me but im probably getting rid of it because its not compatible in my tank

what i was hoping on getting is probably
1 german blue ram
6-7 harlequin rasboras
and maybe 3 dwarf neon rainbow fish

so what do you guys think about this? if theyre not a good list then what do you suggest? thanks

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Welcome to the forum

I do not suggest getting just 3 dwarf neon rainbows. They are a very active schooling fish and do not do well in small groups like that. Also, I wouldn't keep them in a 30 gallon tank - mine had outgrown my 45 gallon (3 feet long).

I think the rasobars are a good choice, and you could get more corys for the bottom. You could also get a couple more mollies I guess.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum

I do not suggest getting just 3 dwarf neon rainbows. They are a very active schooling fish and do not do well in small groups like that. Also, I wouldn't keep them in a 30 gallon tank - mine had outgrown my 45 gallon (3 feet long).

I think the rasobars are a good choice, and you could get more corys for the bottom. You could also get a couple more mollies I guess.
i dont really want anymore mollys because ive had a lot of mollies and im kind of bored of them :/ is there any other kind of fish you think of that arent schoolers?

·
Registered
131 Posts
okay so i have a 30 gallon planted tank with a marineland 200 and i had an infection go through my tank and kill almost all my fish :( so now that ive treated it i want some help stocking my tank :) what i currently have is
1 molly
3 julii cories ( i had 5 but the disease killed them)
and a golden dojo loach that my cousin gave to me but im probably getting rid of it because its not compatible in my tank

what i was hoping on getting is probably
1 german blue ram
6-7 harlequin rasboras
and maybe 3 dwarf neon rainbow fish

so what do you guys think about this? if theyre not a good list then what do you suggest? thanks
How about this
2 german blues
10 harlequin rasboras
8 corys

that is 30" of fish.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just resarched it and harlequin rasboras and german blue rams dont have the same water temp. does anyone else have any ideas what i should put in my tank?

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Why not look at bolivian rams instead? They don't require such warm water.

Reactions: spreadtoothinly
1 - 7 of 7 Posts