Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all and happy Friday! :cool:

I was messing with my tank today and got to thinking about my filter. It's a tetra whisper 10-30i in a 10 gallon. I got it a month back and figured it would be good for me because it's rated for a 10 to a 30 gallon AND if I ever decide to get a larger tank, I already have my filter right there! Now the output is fine, but the uptake suction is so powerful! Everyone is fine now, but I worry that it wont stay that way and that it will be too much current in the future. I can't see how I could add a sponge to this particular type of filter (look it up if you don't know what I'm talking about). Any suggestions on how to calm it down a bit? :oops:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hello to all and happy Friday! :cool:

I was messing with my tank today and got to thinking about my filter. It's a tetra whisper 10-30i in a 10 gallon. I got it a month back and figured it would be good for me because it's rated for a 10 to a 30 gallon AND if I ever decide to get a larger tank, I already have my filter right there! Now the output is fine, but the uptake suction is so powerful! Everyone is fine now, but I worry that it wont stay that way and that it will be too much current in the future. I can't see how I could add a sponge to this particular type of filter (look it up if you don't know what I'm talking about). Any suggestions on how to calm it down a bit? :oops:
i had this problem once! i used some of the same filter bags that my topfin 60 used but instead of the ones that are premade i just used the ones you have to put the carbon in. it has a lil pocket in the filter moss or whatever fiber stuff lol that all i did was slip it over the intake tub it stayed from the suction from the filter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts