Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was out today and came back to find my largest platty lying in a plant. then it tryed to swin and it was all over the place. now its lying on the gravel on its side. is this is a sign of its end of life?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nevermind its dead now lol

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
yeah sorry to hear that, when my oto died it woke up, swam crazily around the tank, then fell back down and never got up again :(

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bit anoyed now casue the reason i was out to find a male platty the same size to mate as the others ones i got are small, and when i got back the big femail was dead lol. back to square 1 now

·
Registered
606 Posts
musho3210 said:
yeah sorry to hear that, when my oto died it woke up, swam crazily around the tank, then fell back down and never got up again :(
It woke up from Being Dead.....THEN SWAM CRAZILY AROUND THE TANK?
Then DIED AGAIN?

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
yeah i guess my oto spasmed so it was dead the whole time, the swimming around crazily was probably just the nervous systems shut-down,

Anyway what are your water params to make sure these deaths dont happen again

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i cant find my red tailed shark now. wat the hell is goin on in there? lol

·
Registered
606 Posts
englandbloke said:
i cant find my red tailed shark now. wat the hell is goin on in there? lol
I can not find the Pleco that I had Rescued....If that makes you feel any better....your not alone...lol.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i found it. was hideing on top of my heater lol

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
matt check inside your heater, filter, lego house, if you cant find it it is probably dead due to overcrowding and probably dissolved and got "returned to nature" sorry about that.

If we can diagnose why the platy died, we can help make it not happen again, what are the water params and what was the platy like before it died

·
Registered
606 Posts
musho3210 said:
matt check inside your heater, filter, lego house, if you cant find it it is probably dead due to overcrowding and probably dissolved and got "returned to nature" sorry about that.

If we can diagnose why the platy died, we can help make it not happen again, what are the water params and what was the platy like before it died
the platty had fungus and the pleco had jumped into the breeder net..lol.

anyways.....this is not my post!....back on topic!

L

·
0 Posts
englandbloke said:
i was out today and came back to find my largest platty lying in a plant. then it tryed to swin and it was all over the place. now its lying on the gravel on its side. is this is a sign of its end of life?
I am sorry for you loss englandbloke, If you could give us some more information on your tank such as size, occupants, and water params we maybe able to help out a little more. To make sure you do not lose any more of your fish.

I apologize for the disturbance in your thread.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
10 neons
7 other tetra type things
5 plattys
3 silver plattys
4 tiger barbs
3 silver sharks
1 red tailed shark
2 Gouramis

the lenth of the tank is: L: 103, H: 44 , W: 36 cm

my new tank which is coming on thursday is

L: 121 H: 62 w: 46 cm

i dunno wat the ph of the water is, i was gonna get a test kit 2day when i was out but i forgot :roll:

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
do you know your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels?

im not too good with dimensions, can you tell us how many liter/gallons. From what i see i think the tank is too overcrowded which caused an ammonia spike and killed your fish, but then again im surprised it was the platy that died even though the platy is strongest fish in your tank

like i said here what are the was the platy like before it died, did it have any spots on it? bloated tummy?

Pls use the edit function. Double posting after a minute of last post will not be allowed.
Blue

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
there wasnt any marks on it or anythin. i cant remember how many liters or gallons are in it. cant remember how to work it out. as for over crowding i dout its that casue theres loads of space for them to swim play fight and do wat they do

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
well by over crowding i meant by waste production, the fish you have in there seem to get quite big and will produce a lot of waste. Have you cycled your tank yet?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea ived dun that.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
ok good, if i could find out how many gallons the tank is i could help but for now, are any of the fish different? Are they acting or swimming different?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts