Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres my new bargain tank all set up! gonna cycle with 6 danios, then rehome those guys, then put my livebearers in there! its not 100% finished, my bf is gonna play around with the air stone tubes and decs, its his project, the big tank is mine!!! lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi lioness nice tank keep us posted when its complete with livebearers . i went to a new store the other day and ended up spending £13.00 pound on fish which included a pair of dalmation mollys a couple of kloaches a black molly and a pure white molly. CONGRATS ON THE TANK :D

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i could do a fishless cycle but its quicker with fish right? plus the danios im using are from a friend and shes not lookin after them properly. she has 6 in a 3 gal tank. im gonna b rehoming them afterwards. id also like a couple khuli loaches but cant find em :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
its a shame you live too far from me (west mids) they have tank loads just up the road from me loads of kuhli loaches

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
lioness501 said:
i could do a fishless cycle but its quicker with fish right? plus the danios im using are from a friend and shes not lookin after them properly. she has 6 in a 3 gal tank. im gonna b rehoming them afterwards. id also like a couple khuli loaches but cant find em :(
i think fishless is easier and the same speed since you dont need to do immediate water changes and lives dont hang in the balance, there the same speed.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks musho. ill remember that for the future. the danios i have in there, even tho they r cycling, r much happier and healthier than where they were living before! they used to hide under the gravel for some strange reason, now they r active and they no longer have swollen bellies! my neighbour is gonna take em on. i tested water today, ammonia= .25, nitites =0 nitrates= 20. do i just wait til ammonia is 0????i have done 2 water changes, another due later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts