:bluelaugh:

L

·
0 Posts
Blue said:
SKAustin said:
Aren't you in the wrong forum Daz? GD is over there.~~~>
:bluelaugh:
Umm hmmm, blue what are you laughing about, your seat is right next to Daz. :BIGgrin:

I know what kind of fish it is... But I wont say because it wouldn't be fair seeing as I look at it everyday :D

·
Banned
2,994 Posts
SKAustin said:
Aren't you in the wrong forum Daz? GD is over there ~~~>

LoL.

No, not a white Calvus. But you're on the right track.
I knew it had to be a Calvus of some description. :lol:
Where????

So what is it that was shot in the dark, but well thought out :shock: Knoeing the SK line. :D

·
Registered
706 Posts
My answer is: some kind of cichild :lol: :p (sorry)

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
llaustin said:
Umm hmmm, blue what are you laughing about, your seat is right next to Daz. :BIGgrin:
Don't say that.:blink: I don't want to be near Daz.:blink: Not without a bat and a giant flyswatter.
:wink2:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jet said:
I'm not sure it's even Calvus. Altolamprologus compressiceps?
The fish is an Altolamprologus compressiceps "Sumbu Shell"

The Sumbu Shell variety is a shell dwelling Compressiceps which reaches a maximum size of 2"-3".

The Altolamprologus compressiceps is often confused with its Family member the Altolamprologus calvus. The compressiceps can generally be distinguished from the calvus by a few subtle differences. Compressiceps have a steeper sloping forehead and lower jaw. While both species have present the horizontal bars and the spots, the spots are generally less pronounced on the compressiceps, and the bars less pronounced on the calvus. Finally, the compressiceps can be identified by the presence of more than nine rows of scales extending down the forehead from the dorsal fin. The calvus have less than 9 rows of scales on the forehead.

Did you know??? The name Calvus is derived from the Latin word "calveo" meaning "bald"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts