Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Betta fish in a quarantine tank. 1 Mystery Snail, 5 Adult Trapdoor Snails in 3 gal. In Description
156 Posts
Definitely a tiger cory catfish.

·
Registered
1 Betta fish in a quarantine tank. 1 Mystery Snail, 5 Adult Trapdoor Snails in 3 gal. In Description
156 Posts
Maybe they got mixed up or something from the store? Looking back it doesn't quit match a tiger cory catfish. Here is an image of a tiger cory catfish, they look pretty similar. Do you think you could get a better close up of the cory catfish?

·
Administrator
5 Posts
Can someone tell me if this is a Julii or if not what is it?
Nice looking fish. Not a Julii, or even a Corydoras. From that picture it looks more like a Synodontis. Couldn't say which one, but I would guess possibly one of the many hybrid versions you find in pet stores.
Maybe they got mixed up or something from the store? Looking back it doesn't quit match a tiger cory catfish. Here is an image of a tiger cory catfish, they look pretty similar. Do you think you could get a better close up of the cory catfish?
View attachment 844509
I don't know what a "tiger cory catfish" is, sounds like a generic pet store label or a random google search result, but the picture you posted is of a Sterbai Cory

·
Registered
156 Posts
It does look just like Synodontis, thats probably what it is.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Definitely not a Julii cory and I thought the same thing that it looks like a type of synodontis rather than cory. Not sure which type of syno though. You can try Planetcatfish.com to identify.

Reactions: hools1

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sorry I couldn't reply I was on vacation for 10 days with no internet. I have confirmed it is a synodontis but idk what type is either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts