Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Reference Team
1,573 Posts
Uuhh.. That's a stocking mess.
I can't tell really well on my phone but looks like the pearsei. That fish shouldn't be with those Africans. It can work but I don't think it's a good idea for the fish. The sev REALLY shouldn't be in with the Africans .. And those Africans shouldn't be together .

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I ever got one it would be by itself. Most of the tanks on that site are horrendously stocked...

·
Reference Team
1,573 Posts
If I ever got one it would be by itself. Most of the tanks on that site are horrendously stocked...

Did you see the tank owners comments ? "I have the healthiest fish of everyone on the forum" hahaha. I don't mean to bash this person .. But that's a terribly bad mix. I hope nobody so casually throws African cichlids together without understanding their needs. I wonder how many mbuna eventually died from Malawi bloat.

Yea., that's a pretty fish.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I googled pearsei and that looks to be the right fish. They just have the cutest little mushed-up faces!

I did see his comments.... Makes me wonder how large that tank really is....

·
Reference Team
1,573 Posts
Yeah.. That face is cute . Just makes me want more fish . Lol

Tank size looks accurate . I'm not do worried about the tank size as much as I am about the inappropriate fish together in a tank . Well that and the sev who should have much softer water then the Africans .. Then the mix of Africans have vastly different food requirements . Mbuna can't tolerate meaty foods. Yet there are carnivores in that tank.. And omnivores and herbivores . What's the sev eating ? I don't know . Totally confused about this. .. Okay I'll stop! I'll leave this stock alone ! *maaybee* lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts