Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

A month or so ago I bought a number of fish from a downsizing breeder. I mostly recieved Angels. However, I also recieved a bunch of Bolivian Rams and goldish fish that is about the same size as the Bolivians.... At least for the moment. The fish looks (to me at least) like a baby Gold Severum. But I keep exclusivly the dwarf cichlids, Rams, Angels, and Discus. So I'm not sure.....

Here are a few pics of him.

Thanks!
Amanda.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Not a severum IMO. Severums have deeper bodied appearance than the one on the pic. Closer to convict though.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
I was pretty sure it's a convict. A jellybean parrot has deeper bodied shape. If only I got pictures of my convict and jellybean parrots 5 years ago.:dunno:

·
Registered
765 Posts
i think it is some variety of a convict.

it is 100% not a parrot... :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
around here they have jellybean convicts that look just like normal cons with that have been dyed. its gross.

·
Registered
454 Posts
looks con to me :wink:

·
Registered
115 Posts
with the fish suggested i think i might have come up with the fish.

everyone thinks its a convict but it has the pointed fins of a severum?
what could it be? convicts have more of a rounded fin at the back. and both of there fins ushally curve up/down.

so i think its a severum. i might be wrong...

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Now where is Daz's golden severum?:roll: Daz! Pls post your severum pic here.:) Let's compare the body of the sev to the one posted on the first one.:brow: I still vote for con by the way.:wink2:

Edit: Here are Dlil's severums.:thumbsup:

Comparing both pics, the pics on the first post are still cons to me.

·
Registered
454 Posts
this fish looks small, what size is it?

baby sev, no fin rays

baby con, if you look it has long fin rays

i say con still
not even the shape of a sev :wink:

Shane

·
Registered
115 Posts
you have to look at his back fins :/

·
Registered
454 Posts
yeah thats right have a look, they go back past the tail both top and bottom :?

·
Registered
454 Posts
maybe this pic is a liitle to hard for ppl to see the anal/dorsal fin rays at the back so i foun some more, where else are fin ray's on fish?

my little juvi con female 2inch max

these are cons and they have fin rays,

KishFeeper said:
everyone thinks its a convict but it has the pointed fins of a severum?
what could it be? convicts have more of a rounded fin at the back. and both of there fins ushally curve up/down.
so just coz this fish has fin ray'y it cant be a con?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The fish is the size of a Bolivian Ram at the moment. Which is maybe two or three inches long. But he was kept in a small tank before I got him with hte rams, and he ahs been in a small tank since. The tank he is shown in is a 10 gallon.

Amanda.

·
Banned
2,510 Posts
Changed my mind, it is a pink convict. The coloring on it's body is to the true to the species, both common black and the pink varieties.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts