Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came home today to find my mystery snails getting it on hahaha. Now, the question is, with a tank full of angels, tetras and a few platys, should i just let the eggs hatch and let the fish have a snack ( i have some puffers that would rather enjoy them as well) or should i scrape them put and let them meet the toilet gods? I think my fish would eat them up without a problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
You're lucky enough to even have snails, the stores around here don't sell any type of snail except pond snails or shrimp except ghost shrimp.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're lucky enough to even have snails, the stores around here don't sell any type of snail except pond snails or shrimp except ghost shrimp.
I woukd be happy to send you a few of these if they make it! If u are interested that is.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sure that would be great I love these kinds of snails(even if they are able to overpopulate an aquarium). PM me and we can work something out.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Put on some old Barry White on stereo, and place a copy of TFH next to the tank ,and they'll really get busy then.:lol:

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you do decide to dispose of the eggs, either freeze for 48 hours or crush completely.

This is just to prevent any potential outbreaks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mystery Snail

I have one mystery snail in with a male betta, would there be enough food for the snail or should I add him more?:)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well my 2 snails seem to get busy every afternoon, but no eggs yet. I got worried cause they were both on the filter intake for like a whole day. After a day of that without them moving, i took em off, but then I had to leave for work. I hope they aren't dead :/

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RIP Sue Bob Snail. Your tombstone shall read "the snail that got humped to death"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts