Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, hope you all are having a great day! I seem to have run into a slight concern. From the title you probably already know that my shrimp have disappeared. I bought 12 "Prawn shrimp" as they were labeled yesterday from a pet store. I got home and acclimated them, then released them. I was able to see alot of them crawling along the gravel bed until i got up this morning and could not see a single shrimp. I began looking and discovered that there was one behind a heater and two behind the filter. Im concerned that they might have been eaten by the fish. But i don't know if any of my fish have a diet of shrimp. I will list what is stocked below. Does anyone know where they could have gone? Any and all help is appreciated! Thank you! :)

30 gallon stocking:
4x Dwarf Gourami
1x blue Gourami
1x 4" Marble angelfish
2x Neon Rainbowfish
2x Bolivian Rams

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello everyone, hope you all are having a great day! I seem to have run into a slight concern. From the title you probably already know that my shrimp have disappeared. I bought 12 "Prawn shrimp" as they were labeled yesterday from a pet store. I got home and acclimated them, then released them. I was able to see alot of them crawling along the gravel bed until i got up this morning and could not see a single shrimp. I began looking and discovered that there was one behind a heater and two behind the filter. Im concerned that they might have been eaten by the fish. But i don't know if any of my fish have a diet of shrimp. I will list what is stocked below. Does anyone know where they could have gone? Any and all help is appreciated! Thank you! :)

30 gallon stocking:
4x Dwarf Gourami
1x blue Gourami
1x 4" Marble angelfish
2x Neon Rainbowfish
2x Bolivian Rams
I also pulled the filter cartridge to find that there were no remains in the filter.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh ok I guess that is the problem lol, Probably should have put them in my 5 gallon tank with no fish... OOPS lol Thank you though! :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went on a quest after this post and ended up saving 5 and put them in my 5.5. Next weekend I plan on going to the fish store and pick up some more :-D

·
Reference Team
1,573 Posts
Yea, I had to do the same thing with the remaining few I had left in my large fish community. I had kept shrimp and dwarf crays in there for a while but there were so many and they were very good at hiding that a shrimp murder or two a week wasn't bad. But when I added a bichir..I did exactly the same thing grabbed the last remaining dwarf cry and about 5 shrimp. I actually would catch my angels with a little peice in its mouth or my DGs the same thing.. wanted to spank them after that lol. But ey..you saved some!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I put 30+ ghost shrimp into my 75 gallon fully planted, but I can only see one or two now. I figured it is the new fish that is eating them. It's a ghost knife fish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts