Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

First off I will say my tank is 75 gallons and has many types of Gouramies, a molly, 2 leaf fish, pelco, and a RTS. I added a small school (7) long finned Rosy Bards to the tank and the red tail immediately started to attack and bully them. So I decided to move the RTS to a 36 gallon tank for the time being but wanted to know if there was anyone to get him back in the big tank? He is a beautiful fish and I really like him. I was going to try and leave him in the other tank for a few months so that he might forget his territory in the big tank and be able to establish new space and live peacefully again. Does anyone think this could work?

·
Registered
151 Posts
My guess is, your RTS was already "putting up with" enough in a 75 gallon tank with a pleco in its turf, (bottom feeding). Then you added red-finned fellow cyprinids, that he's not famous for getting along with without LOTS of room & excessive cover. If you seriously densely planted that tank, you might get him back in there without trouble, but it would be a lot easier in a 150 gallon, or better. I dearly love Red Tailed Sharks, but they're best kept in a Monster tank, if you want them in a large community.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts