Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think my picture files must be too big to post. I'm gonna try to learn how to lower the image quality and file size so I can post them.

Til then, trust me... he's a cool little puffer. 8)

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
squiggles1 said:
puffers are so great. :D i had a green spotted one but he died awhile ago. now i have 2 dwarf puffers.
What's the main difference between them? Can you mix dwarf puffers and spotted puffers and figure 8 puffers?

·
Registered
257 Posts
well green spotted and figure 8 are brackish and dwarf are freshwater. plus the dwarf only get to be like 2-2.5 cm as far as i know. i doubt you could mix the other 2, prob would fight over territory but i'm not 100% sure.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, gotcha. So I guess I can't add any dwarf puffers to my aquarium, since I keep the salt level at 1.006. Oh well, none of the fish stores that I've been to (in Orlando) seem to have dwarf puffers anyway.

·
Registered
257 Posts
yea, i had never seen them before either. We just went into the pet store one day and they had a tank of them and we couldn't resist their cute little puffer faces. but they are 100% freshwater, which is kinda cool. I like the kind you have to though,they're so observant and interactive. great fish.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've only had this puffer about 2 months. At first my puffer was friendly... he'd come up to the top of the tank and eat the shrimp out of my fingers and follow me as I walked by.

But over the past month or so, I've had to reach in the tank a lot for various reasons and lately he seems a little scared of me. Hopefully I'll regain his trust eventually.

:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts