Tropical Fish Keeping banner

My own immersed set up attempt

16K views 115 replies 11 participants last post by  djembekah 
#1 ·
SO! inspired by Aokashi, I decided to start up my own little immersed setup. I had a 3 gallon Kritter Keeper not in use, and plants that kept floating, and DIRT! So i decided to go for it.

Since Ao said any dirt should work, I used what I had.

And put it in my kritter keeper.

Then i got the dirt wet

I pulled bits of stems that were floating out, and trimmed a few of the ones that were growing tall in my 29 gallon tank, and I pulled some moss out too.

I tried planting like stems close together, just for fun.

Then I put it on the back porch, next to some floating plants i pulled out and put into 1 gallons.

hygroriza (asian water grass)

duckweed and frogbit

Probably need to sell some of that hygroriza off though. It's going crazy in my 29.

Annnnnd there we go. That's all I've got for now! I'll keep folks updated, and be happy to hear any advice!

See less See more
#46 ·
EEP. So your picture of the immersed pennywort TOTALLY just helped me a ton! I always thought that pennywort looked similar to a plant that grows rampant around the lake, but I was just like 'nahhhh'.

But that pic spurred me to research and it IS the same plant! Plants are weird :p

Anyways, enough about me lol. It's looking really cool! :D Your patience is incredible lol.

#48 ·
OH YAY!!! Bek... GREENNESS!!! *ish excited* Your patience is going to pay off in the end, I just know it! I'm so happy that you're sharing this with us step-by-step. I'd love to get into this type of planting, so I'm really enjoying this thread. Thank you for keeping it updated - you're doing great!

THREE CHEERS FOR TANKSHARING!!! Ao, so sweet of you to always be so willing to share your pretty, pretty plants! *luffs*

In the meantime. . . Jen! Go find yourself some PENNYWORT - watch for gators, tho. o_O

You guys are all so awesome *hugs*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.