Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
musho3210 said:
nice little oscars, have you cycled the tank yet?
I called and had the owner of the local fish store come check out my tank. He came with his little box of testers and what nots. He said my tank was ready to put fish in.

He gave me the Oscars and the Firemouths. I paid $21.99 for the Jack.

So I am saying I did not cycle the tank. But I was anxious and I am not arguing with 35+ years of experience.

Wish me luck.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
ouch, those fish are very sensitive to water quality, you would be very lucky if they survive. GO back to your lfs and try to get a bag of cultured/used gravel, this will make it much faster

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
musho3210 said:
ouch, those fish are very sensitive to water quality, you would be very lucky if they survive. GO back to your lfs and try to get a bag of cultured/used gravel, this will make it much faster
I used gravel from a 110 gallon tank that housed 3 oscars about 3 weeks ago.

I think they will be fine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Albino Oscar ate one of my firemouths :(

I came home and the tail was sticking out of his mouth and it looked like he was choking on the little fella.

After 6 hours of looking at him "choking". I scooped up the oscar in the net and pulled the little thing out of his mouth. The firemouths fins were poking in the top and bottom of the oscars mouth, suspended.

After I got the firemouth out, the oscar swam really fast around the tank. So I fed him some pellets and he ate all but 2 of them. The others ate the last 2.

Good times...if your tired.

·
Registered
455 Posts
oscars are great fish always causing trouble!
yours will grow so fast in all that space :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
angel lover said:
Love your tank - had to laugh about the oscar eating the other fish. Did the firemouth survive?

:( No he died so I got me 2 more fishes.
Salvini's :) They are awesome little monsters. They like food.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I really do like this tank alot. You did a great job aquascaping it. Just looks a wee bit cloudy though ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
we had an oscar and a jack dempsy when i was younger. and they used to fight like hell. so for years they was split up. then few years later we let them be with each other and they still had big fights. then more years down the road tryed again and they was fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts