Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah its a fresh water setup.no fish as yet as im still waiting to get the bacteria higher in the filter.i was told to wait 1-2 weeks.

is there anything i need to know.

its a 54 litre tank with pump,thermastat and filter.

i would like to know the correct ph?

what temperature the tank should be?

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks very much,i mean that too.I dont wanna go putting aminals in the wrong enviroment as im a bit of a hippy lol

so once ive addded this amonia i have to check it to make sure its the right level for 2 weeks

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't see any questions requiring that answer.
If you have more questions, feel free to ask.
The temperature depends on the type of fish you will be keeping. Most tropical community fish will thrive in temperatures between 72F to 82F, but when you decide what kind of fish you want to have, do some research on them so that you know what they do best in. If do you decide to keep goldfish you do not need a heater because they thrive in temperatures between 65F and 75F (about 68F to 72F being ideal).

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
ok bought a few tetras and a red clawed crab...on friday evening the crab today looks un well so i tetsed the water and to my horrer.

ph 8.5
amonia 0.4 mg/l
nitrite 4mgl :shock:
nitrate 75mg/l

i need to correct this as best as poss or i think crabs gonna die

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
nice post m8 thanks,

right i have white gravel in the tank and i have bedded 5 real plants into this.however there starting to look abit ill.do i need some form of plant food???

id assumed they just needed water lol but there begining to wilt.

my ideas for fish where.

tetras
guppys
red and brown clawed crab
fighter
dalmatin molly

will these be ok ????

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
hi im still here have been reading but not posting tbh.well things are going well i have a nice little tank going and all seems to have settled in well.

im having a problem with the correct plants and they dont seem to be lasting long.

also i have now got millions of tiny snails which i would like to get rid of any suggestions on wildlife for the job or a chemical ect???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.