Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Nice.:) I'd replace the pot for rocks though for a natural setup. But the choice is up to the individual.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Blue said:
Nice.:) I'd replace the pot for rocks though for a natural setup. But the choice is up to the individual.:mrgreen:
who says pots arent naturel?? mybe there are some pot down in the water :wink: welll i like the pot i would put a bunch of plants and some rocks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its supposed to be like a ruin site. Those plants are fake, plastic. I am considering real plants and then taking out the bubbler.

there's a filter in the back left (your left), it's hard to see.

·
Registered
699 Posts
even if its not all that natural i like it because its kinda like a sunkin pirate ship site... i dont know im imaginative. just make sure that pot isnt sharp that can be hazardous!

·
Registered
455 Posts
nice little setup :D
id keep small easy colourful fish maybe guppies, platys? something at the bottom like dwarf corys?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hey man I Like the set-up. if it was me i would make 1 area of the tank
heavily planted so little ones can hide. also i would put a few neon tetras,
plattys, a baby pleco maybe. depends on what u like.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey thanks for all the comments and input! I went to petsmart and they had pictus catfish and the label said they were good for a 10 gallon, but I did some research and almost nobody else says thats true. Whats going on?

·
Registered
765 Posts
musho3210 said:
rule number one of fish keeping, never listen to what your fish store says :)
Ha Ha, true! :D

·
Registered
675 Posts
Yes i see the filter to the left. looks like a wisper internal filter, might i recemend you pick up a new filter? i used to use on and it totally defeats the purpose of a filter, once every two weeks you have to change the filter cartrege, totaly destroying all that good bacteria and causeing a nother mini cycle. Now you can either get a hob filter for 15 bucks or you can buy the new filter inserts for the wisper internal filter that allow you to preserve the bacteria.
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produ...x=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&pc=1&N=2004&Nty=1
Mite i suggest this?
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=3610&N=2004+22769\
this filter will give you more room inside your tank and get rid of the ugly ness of that filter in your tank.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
yeah you should get separate inserts and make sure one of the inserts never get changed, maybe cleaned in tank water but never changed. You could use a bio-wheel HOB or use one of those wisper things that have 3 separate compartments. Or you could get another filter like a spounge filter or something to hold your beneficial bacteria.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts