Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best friend and breeding partner posted reply's on some of my posts in conversation with me, and she got BANNED? She is my closest and most trusted friend, not some attention seeking stranger. She is NOT spamming. Please have her unbanned, I'm pretty miffed about somebody jumping to conclusions about this. :-x

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Can you please tell us who you're talking about? We typically don't ban anyone unless they've broken rules after warnings.

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Do you mean 808bettalover? We are looking into what happened.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
808betterlover was spamming threads with one word posts in order to get into the contest area and was banned for 10 days. I am sorry I had to ban your friend but this member 808bettalover even admitted that in a post I edited to doing this. Spamming is against the rules and a couple of one letter words I would have over looked over but there were many in many different threads plus a report was sent. Your friend can come back after the 10 day ban is over and again I am sorry but when a member admits to breaking a rule and keeps on doing it we have do something to protect this from happening. Thanks for your understanding lottieBendie

Also let me add did you know we have chat room on TFK for chatting ? Maybe when your friend is allowed back you two can use the chat room, we would love to have the members using it for conversations that is what it is there for so you don't have to use the threads or posts in order do to have a conversation :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
808betterlover was spamming posts with one letter words in order to get into the contest area and was banned for 10 days. I am sorry I had to ban your friend but this member 808bettalover even admitted that in a post I edited to doing this. Spamming is against the rules and a couple of one letter words I would have over looked over but there were many in many different threads plus a report was sent. Your friend can come back after the 10 day ban is over and again I am sorry but when a member admits to breaking a rule and keeps on doing it we have do something to protect this from happening. Thanks for your understanding lottieBendie

Also let me add did you know we have chat room on TFK for chatting ? Maybe when your friend is allowed back you two can use the chat room, we would love to have the members using it for conversations that is what it is there for so you don't have to use the threads or posts in order do to have a conversation :)

Can you send me a link to where she admitted it? And who did she 'spam'?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Hi lottieBendie yes I can do that for you but since it was edited out you will not be able to see the entire post. So I will copy and paste what was posted. Here is what 808bettalover posted :

hey she's so cute and im just going to start typing "hi" so that i can participat in the photo contests:)
Here is the link to that that thread : http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/betta-pictures/my-new-rescue-betta-opal-271674/#post3058274

After some thought I going to lessen the time of the ban to 3 days instead of 10, so the ban will be lifted tomorrow after midnight . I hope you understand banning is not something any moderator enjoys to do but when a member breaks a rule and admits to it I took that serious but I am sure there will be no problem with this happening again with your friend and that we can all enjoy the forum and follow the rules that were made to keep the forum a safe and happy place for us all. :-D

Thanks for your understanding in this matter and let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you or help you with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi lottieBendie yes I can do that for you but since it was edited out you will not be able to see the entire post. So I will copy and paste what was posted. Here is what 808bettalover posted :

hey she's so cute and im just going to start typing "hi" so that i can participat in the photo contests

Here is the link to that that thread : http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/betta-pictures/my-new-rescue-betta-opal-271674/#post3058274

After some thought I going to lessen the time of the ban to 3 days instead of 10, so the ban will be lifted tomorrow after midnight . I hope you understand banning is not something any moderator enjoys to do but when a member breaks a rule and admits to it I took that serious but I am sure there will be no problem with this happening again with your friend and that we can all enjoy the forum and follow the rules that were made to keep the forum a safe and happy place for us all. :-D

Thanks for your understanding in this matter and let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you or help you with.

]

I understand that you guys were doing the right thing, so thanks. I guess I'll tell her she has to face the consequences.

Goodbye! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts