Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st of (and i no this sounds odd but) what type of fish is this lol, it looks like a black neon tetra but with a red tail like a pristella tetra any ideas?

ok so he was fine this morning his colours were just like they have been for the 4 weeks ive had him, i left the house and returned about 10 hours later at night and he was at the top of the tank and he was almost see-through, his black stripe and red tail colours were gone so i turned the tank light on and it looks like his colour is coming back and hes swiming around the tank again like normal, any ideas whats going on?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
looks kind of like a white cloud mountain minnow.

what are the parameters on your tank? temperature, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, pH, dgh, tank size? has any of this changed recently?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
all is good with the water same as its always been and the only thing that has changed is that two days ago i added a zedra danio to the tank and did a 25% water change with bottled water (it was still water witch is just tap water filtered, 1st time i tryed this also).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
7.5 ph
0 ammonia

i dont no the nitrite or nitrate levels and its a 12liter tank with a 60liter filter and there 2.5inchs of fish in it

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
16 liters is around 4 gallons i think. that seems a little small for fish like that. those are both schooling fish, and need at least 5 of each, but obviously in a larger tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts