Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been recently writing in a small notebook about each days fun with my fish. I decided to start it here too. Here's a little about my fish!

(As of Christmas 2013 I have 3 fish: all glofish tetras. I believe they are modified from black skirt or white skirt tetras. They are beautiful.
http://imgur.com/a/CJc9p#0

BTW: I need help with the genders. I'll be referring to all three as males for now..
Gershwin: the orange one. He is the more calm one in the trio. He's a playful fish for sure. He always seems to be in a game of tag with the others.

Bomber: the pink one. Bomber is so fun. He is always chasing the other two, rubbing against them, and staring at his reflection. He's awesome.

Hacker: I think there's just something about Hacker that makes him look fit for his name. I think it's because of his green color, his piercing eyes, and his small body but fierce attitude. He used to bully Gershwin a bit, bit they get along now. He and Bomber seem to be friendly towards each other too.

Lol that's it for now. I know my name choosing is weird, deal wit it ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Today I went to the LFS and picked up some flake food, a thermometer, and some accu-clear. Then I did a 40% water change (tank is new). I put in the accu-clear, and after 3 hours I came back to see crystal clear water! I am so happy about that. I fed them some of the flake food, but only hacker was hungry.

Skip to 10:30 pm: I fed them again, this time I came back to find all of it gone. :)

Today was yet another day of awesomeness!!

I was daydreaming about the Petco sale today. I really want to pick up a 10 gallon. Since I live in NYC Manhattan I can go to the 86th St petco and check it out.

If I do get the tank I was thinking of getting something like:
4-6 neon tetras
A catfish (need to do some research about that)
Maybe some danios or guppies.

Or

3-5 neon tetras
My 3 glofish tetras
Catfish

But then I would have a spare 5 gal. Maybe then I can get some small fish for that one. Or maybe a betta, not to sure as of now.

That's all for today!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's some pictures!

Oh yeah. I forgot! I upgraded the tank light with a nice led bulb. Super bright now!!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,201 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea. They should do a big update to make it look nicer and so that the design goes along with iOS 7
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 6 of 6 Posts