Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fish has red lines on one side but not the other side. He/She is also very fat. I am not sure what the overweightness is from because the other fish in the tank all have normal weight. It isn't dropsy because his scales are not sticking up. I looked all over the internet to figure out what the problem was but I am lost. Can you help me? :dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, that would make sense because the fish only has a couple of red lines and they are only on one side. What about the overweightness part though? The fish has had it for a long time. But I only just noticed the red lines a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The red lines are going away! I am glad the fish is fine. Why would the fish be overweight? The other fish in the tank are not and this fish has had it for a long time. The fish hasn't gained any more weight though.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Could be its internal bleeding/bruising. Like it hit itself on something and has healed over.

As for the weight, it could just be due to the fact that its a little more greedy than the others, and gets its fair share of food... or it could be a female, which tend to be a little more plump due to them having eggs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts