Tropical Fish Keeping banner

61 - 80 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Get yourself a turkey baster (a new one, you'll use it for quite a few things) and lightly blow the sand off your LR. SHould start to see some critters of some sort once you get theat water clear. You could through a filter in the back for a bit and it might speed up the process some, just dont forgte it in there.

A bit. It's pretty much covering my live rock.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Thanks for the turkey baster idea.

You know I did use a filter when I cycled my 50g but i feel that maybe it could have set me back bacteria wise.

·
Registered
300 Posts
That's why you only wanna leave it in there a few hours just to clear the tank up. Then pull it and put in whatever it is you're going to use. I ran a filter on my 20 for the first 45 days or so with no issues then switched to a pura filter and chemi pure elite. Get some pics up when it clears a bit. :)

Thanks for the turkey baster idea.

You know I did use a filter when I cycled my 50g but i feel that maybe it could have set me back bacteria wise.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
The tank has cleared up quite a bit. Added my clowns. Havent had much time to get many pics, but this one I had to share.

What I see when i open my eyes in the morning.
IMG_20130203_115546.jpg

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
There's a bit more rock than the pic shows. This is from the side of my tank next to my pillow. I'll be adding more pics of this tank in a day or two.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Alright, so i've had these clowns since saturday and they have fallen in love with the current. As in they don't do anything else than swimming the current. They don't explore the tank at all. I've even woken up in the middle of the night to see them swimming right in front of my face. I don't think they sleep. Anything I can do to get them to move anywhere else?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Yeah i know that with the other two i have in the 50g. but those two swim around the whole tank and keep a cave in the live rock.

These two stay out in the "open water" portion of the tank, right up near the top and just play in the downwards current there.

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
Ive never seen Clowns swim around a tank. Well, I've never seen Occelaris Clowns swim around. I've seen other Clowns swim the tank, like Clarki, Skunks, Maroons, Tomatoes.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Hmmmm alrighty. Any tips on catching a fish? Thinking about moving my pajama cardinal to the 29g. For such a slow swimmer she doesnt want to get caught.

Also my Royal Gramma looks like her tail is being nipped, showed up overnight, dont know what could have caused it.

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
They are pretty cool though. He shouldn't be going after fish, then again, he's not supposed to nip at Corals, and he does that on occasion too. Never know with Crabs, thats why I don't keep em.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Capture of both the Pajama Cardinal and the Emerald Crab are complete.

Pajama Cardinal is now inhabiting the 29g. She seems a bit less shy now.

I think, emphasis on think, i saw a bristleworm on some live rock in the 50g.

61 - 80 of 279 Posts