Tropical Fish Keeping banner

261 - 279 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
I agree,looking real clean,like most people I like the red. Is it a macro algae?
Sorry. i never got an email notification to let me know there was an update. Yes it was macro algae. Gracilaria to be exact. Unfortunately it was all eaten by my Pincushion Urchin.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Those urchins love their greens,and reds. Some times I will banish my urchin to the sump until the macros have time to grow in then I let him come in and mow the lawn.
he's probably going to end up at the LFS too. It's so annoying. All my planted macros get ripped out and dragged around, eaten or thrown into my circ pump.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
What is your stock? Sorry for the questions, i havent been following the thread.

My tuxedos destroy any algae. Urchins and mexican turbos are the best algae eaters.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
What is your stock? Sorry for the questions, i havent been following the thread.

My tuxedos destroy any algae. Urchins and mexican turbos are the best algae eaters.
Posted via Mobile Device
Stock as of today.

Fish:
Two Percula Clowns
1 Royal Gramma Basslet
1 Swalesi Basslet
1 Hectors Goby
1 Tangaroa Goby
2 Green Banded Goby

Inverts:
3 White Legged Hermits
1 Blue Legged Hermit
1 Scarlet Reef Hermit
1 Halloween Hermit
1 Tiger Pistol Shrimp
1 Pincushion Hermit

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
Nice ;-) What happened to the fridmani dottyback?
Posted via Mobile Device
Once it got around 8 months old it became a terror. I've never seen a fish actually go into the Pistol Shrimps burrow and chase it out. He would pick hermits off rocks and attack everything save my female Clown. He had to be removed.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Oh wow, they are supposed to be one of the peaceful ones. The indigo is the most peaceful. I have a baby in my 110 reef, got it for only 5 bucks! Hopefully in the much bigger tank it will not be aggressive.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
Oh wow, they are supposed to be one of the peaceful ones. The indigo is the most peaceful. I have a baby in my 110 reef, got it for only 5 bucks! Hopefully in the much bigger tank it will not be aggressive.
Posted via Mobile Device
5 bucks? really... mine cost me 30.... a 30 dollar terror.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Ya my one of my local petcos got one and didnt have a price nor could they find one. So since the guy knows us, and no one could find a price. He gave us it as damsel price, so 4-5 bucks.
Posted via Mobile Device

261 - 279 of 279 Posts