Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first leopard gecko, I believe its a she, shes very shy. Its most likely she is still adjusting to her new home. Shes also shedding.

gecko.jpg

gecko home.jpg

geck home2.jpg

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
OMG how cute is that bugger!? Totally awesome. I love them a lot...but them needing live foods is why I don't house them with the cricket mess :-(

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea live foods, i put mealworms in her tank if im going out since they cant climb out the bowl, she just picks them out of it. Ill only buy a small bag of crickets and feed them to her with tongs so i know i dont have to hear chirps in my sleep lol. Ill post more pics when she finishes her shedding, shes turning white now so shes due to lose it soon, then ill well see her nice colors.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Hmmm worms I could feed....crickets not so much...so really what ALL can they be fed & still be healthy? Maybe if I'd not need to deal with crickets I could then have one :)

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
So apart from worms & crickets what ALL do they really eat/ is good for them? (Sorry I'm hijacking your thread but you seem to know your gecko-stuff real well:) )

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea thats it, main diet is insects lol. But theres different types of worms like wax worms that you can give everyonce in a while but not alot bc their high in fat and tough to digest for some of the geckos.

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
congratulations on the new arrival.:lol:
are you using a heat pad in there ?

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
cool,i just wondered,as i didn't see any wire in the tank,i forgot that
you had probably placed it underneath.
if she has any trouble shedding place a plastic container with an entrance hole
with some damp moss or kitchen towel in the warm end of the tank,it will
help with shedding.
watch the toes,they are often a trouble spot.
is she sleeping now ?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had the moss on the cool end im going to move it to the hot end, no shes not sleeping shes just sitting in the corner like usual.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well she started eating so thats good, i fed her with the tongs and she ate a few out of her bowl and i put my hand down into the tank and she walked over to me and stood on my hand, she lets me take her out of the tank now and she walked around on my arms and shoulders runs on the floor. So im happy shes adjusting well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts