Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Hi Charles.

What plecos do you have? If those are common plecs, I'd take them back to the lfs and get cories instead.:wink2:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
St6_Devgru said:
coris arent plecos right??
No. Plecos are part of the Loricariidae. Cories are part of their own family themselves, Corydoras. Take note though that we have Aspidoras and Bronchis to deal with.:) Both look like the Corydoras. The only difference is the number of rays in their dorsal fins.:wink2:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
......i have these "asian" plecos i forget the names hahah bought them today -_-.... got them baby sized. like 3 cm long hehe

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
St6_Devgru said:
......i have these "asian" plecos i forget the names hahah bought them today -_-.... got them baby sized. like 3 cm long hehe
A close-up pic of those 2 plecs will help.:) I'm beginning to suspect they are more of Hillstream loach.:squint:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
loach? im sure they are plecos. i saw clown loaches so kool ^^ or do you mean they look like loaches? my camera cant close up of them....and they are always movving and sucking the glass and stuff

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
St6_Devgru said:
loach? im sure they are plecos. i saw clown loaches so kool ^^ or do you mean they look like loaches? my camera cant close up of them....and they are always movving and sucking the glass and stuff
Hillstream loach

Photo by Weaselnoze
Is this the one? 3 cm is something I'm interested to know. I never knew plecs are sold that small except in some cases like those of zebra plecs.:shock2:

Avoid the clown loaches. They are far too big for your tank.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nooo not that kind here lemme try get a closeup i will grab it and put it onto my hand.....nanana jj. but ill try kk wait

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
St6_Devgru said:
yeah clown loaches past 1 foot so the guy with the mowhawk told me
:bluelaugh: An employee in your lfs has a mohawk style? Crazy though.:crazy:

More of 16 inches would be the size.:)
You have to get pics, Charles. We'll need the pics to identify your plecs.:)

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
St6_Devgru said:
is it ok if i grab it and take a pik of it on my hand?
Sure.:)

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
St6_Devgru said:
darn it im gonna send it to your yahoo sorry.....
Lol..I prefer to have them resize and posted here.:mrgreen: I'm lazy when checking email accounts.:shake:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
St6_Devgru said:
sweeet its not gonna die right? they look sooo cute when they re so small XDXDXD
As long as they are damp, they won't die. Just do it quickly though.:) Not surprising when you see some plecs taken with pictures with the tip of their mouth held by hand.:)

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
St6_Devgru said:
omg im never doing that agian. dam i was so scared my pleco woulda died man.....i aint doing that again.
You worry too much, Charles.:sarcastic: If your plec turns out to be a large species, then you'll be in troubles.:blueshake:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts